Become a Certified Yoga Teacher
Completing the Kind yoga teacher-training program was one of the best things I’ve ever done! Deborah Gustafson
Amazing experience overall- instructor Diane was very informative, patient, creative and kind! Her assistants were terrific and so helpful. Michele Brandt
“Dear Diane, Thank you for being my teacher, I am very proud to have my Kind Yoga Teacher Training complete – and yet I feel more joyful knowing it is really a beginning and continuation of a way of life I will seek forever – kindness, compassion and present to the moments in life. I and so many others are blessed because of you.“ Teri C., Bourne, MA
Kind Yoga Teacher Certification Program on Cape Cod, MA
Our next training begins September 19, 2017 with graduation Jan. 2018
We are a 200 hr. and a 300 hr. = 500 Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School., and a member school of the International Association of Yoga Therapists
10 Reasons to take Kind Yoga Teacher Training:
1. Learn to take better care of yourself in a powerful way that will last throughout your entire life.
2. Kind Yoga, a 200-hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Training Program is one of the most comprehensive courses available, with segments on asana (poses), anatomy, meditation and more.
3. Our extraordinary faculty features director Diane Kovanda, M.Ed. E-RYT, who has over 30 years of mindful yoga experience. Also featured are medical doctors and experienced yoga teachers. Our team includes Patricia Fater, MD, Kumara Sidhartha, MD, Jack Adams, PhD, Tracy Peterson, RYT, Linda Harmon, M.Ed, Lori Martin, BA., and many more guest teachers. Moon salutation video with Diane
5. Graduates emerge from this experience confident in their knowledge and teaching skills. For those who want to teach as well as practice, our students are all finding opportunities.
9. You will develop all the skills necessary to teach Hatha Yoga. You will receive valuable experience and insights that you will find immediately relevant in your personal life.10. Learning the profound wellness and peace that the experience of yoga delivers can ripple throughout your own life and those you touch.You are invited to join us at our 4 month, 200 hour Kind Yoga Teacher Training. You need not be an expert on yoga, you don’t even need to be flexible, we are here to guide you from a-z – all you need is an open mind and a willingness to practice and learn!
At Kind Yoga School we are honored to have just graduated our 175th student.
Last year we began our 500 hour teacher training with “Meditation Teacher Training” and “Freeing your Authentic Self”
To receive a brochure or request information on either program click here!
Have you dreamed of teaching yoga? Or do you just want to deepen your own understanding and practice of yoga? Join us for this in depth journey into the foundations and therapeutic applications of Hatha yoga.
Experience four months of transformation and an immersion into hatha yoga. Kind Yoga teacher training program is designed to help you cultivate an experience and an inquiry into yoga which is much more than studying poses. (45 postures, alignment, meditation practices, breathing practices, philosophy, history, will be studied and explored in depth) Our intention is to assist you in finding your own path and your own truth. Yoga is a lifetime study, we trust you will receive the proper foundation for your journey here.
The Kind Yoga teacher training teaches “Hatha Yoga” – with a focus on “ahimsa and karuna”, attention to kindness and compassion with the self and others. Hatha Yoga is appropriate for all ages, and abilities. It is a total health system that works toward the balance of body, mind and spirit. Patanjalis Sutras, a 2000 year old text on yoga, describes “Ahimsa” as the first yama on the eight fold path.
Developing a compassionate attitude is a good place to begin with the study of hatha yoga. We consider the attitude of compassion the first “alignment principle”.
This 200 hour teacher training course carefully covers everything you will need to know to get you started teaching. In this comprehensive training, you will study and practice many aspects of Hatha Yoga in detail. This includes: asana (postures), breath (pranayama), meditation, yoga philosophy, and the opportunity to be with great company in the circle of friendship. By giving you a solid foundation, this course prepares you for the lifetime journey of becoming an extraordinary yoga teacher.
The Kind Yoga Teacher Training was the subject of a feature article in the Cape Healing Arts magazine, including photos and text that provide a sense of what it is like to be in the training. You may view the article here.
Words can’t express how fulfilling this experience has been for me – and more to come!” Janet Hartman
“If you are teetering on whether you should take this journey or not, the answer is YES!!! This experience will change your life in the most beautiful way! From within! Namaste’ All!” Nettie Berkeley, Kind Yoga Grad, Yoga Teacher
3 misconceptions about Kind Yoga Teacher Training:
1. I have to be in perfect shape and very flexible to be a yoga teacher: yoga is for EVERYBODY, all abilities are welcome – you will learn to modify, and teach to students of similar abilities. Kind Yoga can be restorative, moderate, or powered up!
2. I am too old, too young to start a yoga teacher training: yoga is for EVERYBODY, all ages can learn yoga – and your age today is the age that it’s perfect to learn yoga now.
3. I don’t have enough time: there is never enough time, you make it, you are the boss of your life, and you will find with yoga you have more quality time for everything.